Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a Research Engineer to join Aspect’s preclinical research and development team to help advance our bioprinted tissue therapeutics. You will tackle novel technological and application challenges that intersect mechanical, chemical, and tissue engineering and approach these unique problems with innovative and realistic solutions. This is an exciting opportunity to translate a prototype into a mature deployable technology with the certainty that your work will have a major impact on the company and our vision.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, characterize, and validate bioprinting processes for therapeutic applications.
- Rapidly design, build, and test prototypes that involve many physical domains such as: pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, optical, thermal, mechanical, biological, and biomaterials.
- Perform R&D activities related to Aspect’s bioprinting technology and its application toward tissue therapeutics.
- Design technologies that address critical bioprinting challenges, tissue therapeutic program demands, and commercial product requirements.
- Identify creative, innovative, and realistic solutions to a broad range of engineering challenges.
- Rigorously document all work, following and championing documentation standards.
- Contribute to intellectual property disclosures and other technical documentation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD in biomedical engineering, mechanical engineering, engineering physics, or a related discipline. Significant industry experience in such fields will also be considered.
- Experience With Complex Systems: Demonstrated ability to develop systems that include multiple physical domains, such as mechanical, fluidic, electronic, thermal, and optical, within the context of tissue engineering and therapeutic applications.
- Knowledgeable About First Principles: Excellent understanding of physical first principles and a demonstrated ability to use that understanding to inform design decisions.
- Tech Savvy: Experience working with various analytical instruments such as oscilloscopes, microscopes, balances, spectrometers, etc.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.