Process Development Associate
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a Process Development Associate with a passion for bioprocessing and GMP manufacturing to play an integral role in driving the cGMP production of our bioprinted therapeutics. Using our microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology, you will develop, qualify, and validate processes necessary to manufacture our implantable therapeutics for clinical evaluation. You will also support maintenance activity of our equipment and facility to ensure GMP compliance. This is an exciting opportunity for you to work closely with a team of tissue engineers, biomaterials experts, and biologists to optimize and qualify the GMP manufacturing of bioprinted therapeutics that could transform the way we treat diseases.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Clean, disinfect, prepare, and monitor production equipment and environment.
- Execute on production activity according to defined Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and Batch Production Records (BPRs).
- Rigorously document all work in accordance with cGMPs, following and championing documentation standards.
- Revise SOPs and BPRs and support projects that will improve our production performance.
- Develop a strong understanding and ability to execute indifferent production unit operations such as bioprinting and bioprocessing.
- Help with qualification and validation activities of our bioprinted therapeutics.
- Become a qualified trainer and help train others on the tasks and equipment in your production unit.
- In partnership with your manager help identify and troubleshoot process issues and initiate deviations.
- Assist in the collection and tracking of area metrics and process control data.
- Support team effort for effective and timely completion of root cause investigations and CAPA implementation.
- Conduct all assigned activities in a safe and cGMP manner.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Minimum a high school diploma, GED, or bachelor's degree in science is highly preferred.
- Professional Experience: 2+ years of experience in a compliant biotechnology manufacturing setting, mammalian cell bioprocessing experience is preferred.
- Beneficial Experience: You have hands on experience applying and analyzing standard operating procedures or scientific methods.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and think critically to strive for excellence. You are highly organized and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
- Intellectually Curious: You are regarded as highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, rapid prototyping, and competing priorities
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment, have demonstrated ability to work effectively within a team to meet goals, and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to transform human health.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.