Microfluidics Manufacturing Technician
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a hands-on and detailed-oriented Microfluidics Manufacturing Technician to assemble our 3D microfluidic printheads and other custom manufacturing equipment from start to finish. This is a rare opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a groundbreaking and multifaceted technology that will solve some of our biggest medical challenges. In this role, you will follow written procedures and drawings to ensure our product assemblies are performed according to the highest quality principles, and provide feedback for continuous improvement.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Fabricate high-quality microfluidic devices.
- Conduct standard tests on microfluidic devices to assess performance.
- Receive, inspect, and keep an inventory of production parts and components in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures.
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications.
- Assist in building packaging for finished products.
- Keep production logs and record data associated with operating equipment.
- Operate various lab equipment/instruments and perform regular maintenance procedures.
- Assist with documentation in accordance to Aspects’ standards, manufacturing procedure documentation, and SOPs.
- Provide feedback and support for continuous improvement of projects.
- Other tasks as assigned.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Technical Diploma, minimum a high school diploma GED, or significant industry experience assembling technical scientific instrumentation components.
- Experience: 1-2 years of technician experience, preferably in a microfabrication manufacturing setting.
- Tech Savvy: Experience using ERP systems and Microsoft Excel.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Detail-Oriented: You are meticulous in record keeping and follow procedures flawlessly. You take note of even the smallest process deviations.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are regarded as highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, rapid prototyping, and competing priorities.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment, are an active listener, and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to transform human health.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.