Software Engineer & IT Support Co-op
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: Full-Time, 4 or 8 months
Start date: January, 2022
We are seeking a Software Engineer & IT Support Co-op to join Aspect’s highly multidisciplinary product development team. In this role, you will help create Aspect’s tissue design and printer control software, through UX and system design, software development, and provide our team IT support.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to the development of front-end and back-end software for Aspect’s 3D bioprinting technology.
- Support the Aspect team on a variety of IT requests and issues.
- Troubleshoot PCs, printers, and network issues.
- Provide workstation administration and system setup.
- Plan, create, and execute unit or system tests on new software components.
- Provide feedback on Aspect’s products and contribute to technical product development discussions.
- Maintain rigorous documentation records following Aspect’s standards.
- Become a proficient user of Aspect’s 3D bioprinting technology for software testing purposes.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Student enrolled in computer science, software engineering, engineering physics or similar.
- Development Experience: You have designed and implemented complex, cross-platform software projects. Experience in implementing UX for desktop and tablet applications is preferred.
- Software experience: You have planned and executed reliable, clean, and test-driven code, understand Git and basic version control practices, and have a thorough understanding of basic data structures and algorithms.
- Technical Skill Set: Python, C++, C#, WPF, .NET Framework.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.