Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a Software Engineer to join Aspect’s highly multidisciplinary product development team and take ownership of Aspect’s tissue design and printer control software. This will include UX, system design, implementation, and testing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Contribute to the development of complex, cross-platform front-end and back-end software projects for Aspect’s 3D bioprinting technology.
- Design and implement 3D slicing, printer, and printhead control algorithms for application and embedded code bases.
- Plan, create, and execute unit/system tests on new software components.
- Provide feedback on Aspect’s products and contribute to technical product development discussions.
- Deliver clean, maintainable, documented, and tested code for production.
- Work with internal researchers to support lab activities with new software features.
- Work with the Academic Partnerships team to troubleshoot and fix customer issues.
- Maintain rigorous documentation records following Aspect’s standards.
- Become a proficient user of Aspect’s 3D bioprinting technology for software testing purposes.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent.
- Required Technical Experience:
- 3+ years working with C# (UWP/WPF, XAML, .NET).
- Developing and deploying Windows applications in a commercial environment.
- Designing and implementing interactive UIs for complex software tools.
- Thorough understanding of data structures and algorithms.
- Working understanding of Git and version control practices.
- Preferred Technical Experience:
- Python, C++.
- 3D rendering and slicing libraries.
- Experience with 3D printers and accompanying software tools.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail, and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.