Senior Microfluidics Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for a Senior Microfluidics Engineer to become a central figure in Aspect’s printhead product development team. In this role, you will act as a principal designer, thought leader, and team mentor. You will develop novel microfluidic printheads with a primary responsibility of ensuring the concept designs meet requirements and are effectively translated into manufacturable and robust commercial products.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Conceive, design, fabricate, test, and characterize new microfluidic device prototypes and products.
- Critically review concepts, designs, and test data.
- Provide technical input and guidance across the printhead team.
- Maintain expert knowledge of state-of-the-art microfluidic designs, features, fabrication processes, and device architectures.
- Translate winning prototypes to manufacturable products.
- Develop new manufacturing, development, and characterization processes and apparatuses.
- Identify realistic and innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Rigorously document all work, following and championing documentation and standards.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Contribute to intellectual property filings, scientific publications, and other written technical content.
WHO YOU ARE
- Experience: You have 5+ years’ experience leading the design and development of microfluidic products in a commercial product development environment.
- Microfluidics Expertise: You have a strong understanding of the full microfluidic product lifecycle with a keen intuition for user experience. You have a deep understanding of commercial microfluidic device design, commercial product development, manufacturing practices, and design for manufacturing. This includes significant hands-on experience characterizing, modelling, and testing microfluidic devices.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in engineering or physics.
- Design Savvy: You are a proficient user of SolidWorks with an expert understanding of ANSI design standards. You have the ability to make critical technical design decisions and own design translation from concept to product.
- Leader: You have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities. You are willing to roll up your sleeves, lead by example, and inspire high performance.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.