Senior Finance Executive
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a Senior Finance Executive to join our management team. In this role, you will provide executive leadership in all areas of financial management as well contribute to strategic negotiations and diverse global partnering opportunities. As a senior team member, you must be comfortable with the day to day heavy lifting as well reporting requirements of a dynamic startup environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide superior leadership, direction, and management of Finance and Business Operations.
- Monitor and manage the processes all corporate financial affairs of the company, which include corporate finance, budgeting, audit, taxation, planning and analysis, capital investment, risk management, credit and collections.
- Proactively establish appropriate capital structure for the company, fully aligned with the strategic vision, mission and goals.
- Contribute as an active team member on all capital and/or acquisition activities including the support of the underlying analysis, evaluation of the fit with the company strategy, due diligence and negotiations, and integration of acquisitions within the existing business.
- Build and maintain productive external relationships with investors, regulators, banks, and lenders in the financial markets to fuel the growth of Aspect.
- Report on financial results and communicate with investors to ensure consistent messaging is delivered relative to Aspect’s operations and future prospects.
- Support a proactive investment and financial community relations strategy and communicate Aspect’s vision and goals for growth, articulating the business strategy and potential of the company to the financial community in a compelling manner.
- Other duties as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business with a CPA/CA designation.
- Experience in financial leadership: 10+ years of progressive financial leadership experience with 3 + years as a CFO or Controller and having primary responsibility for all capital market regulatory filings. Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to regulatory and accounting and reporting practices in Canada and the US (IFRS & US GAAP).
- Industry Experience: Prior experience within a high growth biotech or technology company sector. Prior experience within a publicly-traded company, ideally in both Canada and the US (TSX and NASDAQ or NYSE) would be considered an asset.
- Forward-thinking: You are regarded as having high-growth insight with a demonstrated track record in a growing an organization that has seized market position; required rigorous financial leadership operating within a financially dynamic structured framework; including good exposure to capital markets, long term debt structure, bank financing and bonding.
- Effective Communicator: Not only is financial skill and analytical prowess critical, you must demonstrate superior communication skills, with a proven ability to develop, coach and lead team members, and develop and manage productive internal and external relationships. Experienced negotiator that can communicate financial results, strategy, vision, growth objectives and potential in a compelling manner to investors.
- Superior analytical skills: Proven track record structuring and completing sophisticated finance arrangements with banks, lenders, utilities and other international stakeholders. Strong overall knowledge of FP&A, treasury, risk management, audit, taxation, financial reporting and controllership.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.