Research Scientist - In Vivo
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a passionate and collaborative Research Scientist to join our multi-disciplinary R&D team. This role will involve taking significant ownership over the design, implementation, and analysis of our animal studies aimed at assessing our 3D bioprinted tissue. You should have a passion for driving high-impact projects and are expected to make major scientific in vivo and laboratory-based contributions to the research goals of our life-saving therapeutic programs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare in vivo study designs to assess bioprinted tissue device performance.
- Define appropriate surgical strategy, sample size, control and experimental study arms, and relevant endpoints.
- Assist in the development of study and animal use protocols with CROs and academic collaborators, then monitor those studies and interim reports, and review and provide feedback on the final study reports.
- Assist in the processing, coding, storage, and transportation of bioprinted tissue sample batches for pre-clinical in vivo studies, assuring quality control and assurance measures are in place.
- Assist in surgical procedures associated with tissue device implantation, interim assessments, and tissue retrieval at terminal endpoints.
- Contribute to in vitro characterization of bioprinted tissue device performance through the design and execution of in vitro assays.
- Secure and analyze in vivo pharmacology and biomarker study endpoints.
- Prepare and harvest tissues from animals and liaise with a third party histology service to analyze their histology and IHC results.
- Create SOPs, maintain rigorous experimental records, deliver experimental reports, and present experimental results to key internal and external stakeholders.
- Contribute to scientific publications, conference abstracts, patents, and grant applications.
- Train others on new technologies and processes.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD in experimental medicine is preferred, or a related discipline.
- Professional Experience: 3+ years of experience in a post-doctoral, biotech or commercial setting.
- In Vivo Expert: Subject matter expert for in vivo design, experimental animal handling and surgical procedures.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail as well as experimental process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.