Research Scientist - Immunology
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for an immunologist with a passion for innovation to develop bioprinted tissue implants for the treatment of metabolic diseases. You will have a passion for driving high-impact projects and are expected to make major scientific laboratory-based contributions to the research goals of our life-saving therapeutic programs. In your role you will be responsible for completing and advising on the immunology aspects of our bioprinted therapeutic programs. This includes planning and performing lab experiments, analyzing data, and presenting the results to a diverse audience.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Design, shape and execute scientific studies to characterize immune responses to implantable bioprinted tissues.
- Develop molecular, cellular, and/or material strategies for modulating immune response to implantable tissue therapeutics.
- Conduct immunological and biochemical assays to determine immunogenicity or activity of engineered approaches to modulate host immune response to implants.
- Be the leading expert on immunology and collaborate with biologists, biomaterial scientists and engineers to solve their immune challenges.
- Drive key program milestones and direction by analyzing data, interpreting results, and presenting information through experimental reports and presentations.
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records, including electronic laboratory notebooks.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Contribute to intellectual property disclosures and other technical documentation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD in immunology is preferred, or a related discipline.
- Professional Experience: You have 3+ years’ experience in post-doctoral, biotech or commercial setting.
- Immunology expert: Subject matter expert in immunology and molecular and cellular immunology techniques and developmental immunology, including the culture and characterization of primary and in vitro differentiated immune cells.
- Research Knowledge: Experience executing studies to characterize and modulate immune responses to implants (medical devices, materials, or cell therapies).
- Beneficial Experience: Immunoengineering of biomaterials or cells. Transplant immunology.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.