Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for a Research Engineer to join Aspect’s technology development team to help advance our microfluidic 3D bioprinting platform. You will tackle novel technological and application challenges that intersect multiple physical domains, with the certainty that your work has a major impact on the company and our vision.
You are passionate about solving the technical challenges that lie at the intersection of mechanical, electrical, and tissue engineering and approach these unique problems with innovative and realistic solutions. You understand what it takes to translate a prototype into a mature deployable technology and are driven to roll up your sleeves and carry out Aspect’s mission.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Perform R&D activities related to Aspect’s bioprinting technology and its application toward tissue therapeutics.
- Design printer components and technology that address critical bioprinting challenges, tissue therapeutic program demands, and commercial product requirements.
- Identify creative, innovative, and realistic solutions to broad engineering challenges.
- Rapidly design, build, and test prototypes that involve many physical domains such as: pneumatic, hydraulic, electrical, optical, thermal, mechanical, biological, and biomaterials.
- Develop, characterize, and validate bioprinting processes.
- Rigorously document all work, following and championing documentation standards.
- Contribute to intellectual property disclosures and other technical documentation.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD in Biomedical Engineering, Mechatronic Engineering, Engineering Physics, or a similar multidisciplinary applied field (and/or significant industry experience in such a field).
- Experience With Complex Systems: Demonstrated ability to develop systems that include multiple physical elements, such as mechanical, fluidic, electronic, thermal, and optical elements, particularly within the context of tissue engineering.
- Knowledgeable About First Principles: Excellent understanding of physical first principles and a demonstrated ability to use that understanding to inform design decisions.
- Tech Savvy: Experience working with broad analytical instrumentation such as oscilloscopes, microscopes, balances, spectrometers, etc.
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.