Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking an experienced and knowledgeable Project Manager to manage overall project execution on our cross-functional product development team. As a task manager, you will utilize your organizational skills, communications skills, and superb attention to detail to drive projects forward. You will be responsible for the development of project plans, schedules, and budgets, as well as stakeholder communication.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Complete responsible project execution on new product development efforts
- Coordinate with the technical lead to thoroughly understand project requirements and lead the team to develop project scope, objectives, work breakdown structure, deliverables, plans, cost targets, and performance objectives to meet the product development goals
- Create, maintain, and monitor comprehensive project plans, project schedules, project resource plans, budgets, and reports
- Drive workflow and serve as the communication lead internally, ensuring relevant stakeholders are kept informed on project progress
- Organize, attend, and participate in essential stakeholder meetings and follow up on importation actions and decisions from meetings
- Schedule and coordinate project reviews and follow up on assigned actions with internal stakeholders
- Manage and implement project changes via change management processes, such as issue logs, quality control checklists, tracking documents, and more
- Analyze risks and opportunities for various initiatives and ensure that risks are mitigated using appropriate risk management processes
- Assist with identifying trends or recurring problems and escalate to management for resolution
- Help set up tools and processes for the project team
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in engineering. Project Management Professional (PMP) certified preferred.
- Professional Experience: 3+ years of experience in product development, ideally in project management capacity. Strongly familiar with project management tools, methodologies, and best practices.
- Effective Communicator: Exceptional communication skills with team members from a wide array of backgrounds. This will be paramount to successfully driving multidisciplinary projects.
- Resourceful: You see a project from conception through to completion and will do whatever it takes to make the project a success. Hurdles are inevitable, but you take it upon yourself to take ownership, assess options, and get initiatives done.
- Go-Getter: Roll up your sleeve’s mentality. You identify potential challenges and are eager to solve and develop ways to get around them. You adapt to quickly figure out ways to get things done and to assume new responsibilities as needed.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are regarded as highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the small stuff when it comes to detail, you take pride in your work, and you strive for excellence in the work you do. Excellent organizational, analytical, and multi-tasking skills are musts.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.