Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for a Microfluidics Engineer to be part of Aspect’s printhead product development team and help develop our novel microfluidic printheads from concept to product. In this role, you will work closely with the printhead manufacturing team to develop new methods for design and fabrication of microfluidic printheads.
What You'll Do
- Conceive, design, fabricate, test, and characterize new microfluidic device prototypes and products.
- Maintain expert knowledge of state-of-the-art microfluidic designs, features, fabrication processes, and device architectures.
- Translate winning prototypes to manufacturable products.
- Develop new manufacturing, development, and characterization processes and apparatuses.
- Identify realistic and innovative solutions to technical challenges.
- Rigorously document all work, following and championing documentation and standards.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Contribute to intellectual property filings, scientific publications, and other written technical content.
Who You Are
- Education: Master’s degree or higher in engineering or physics.
- Experience: You have 3+ years’ experience developing microfluidic devices, ideally in a commercial setting, or an academic specialization in microfluidics.
- Tech Savvy: You are a proficient user of SolidWorks software.
- Microfluidics Expertise: You have a strong understanding of the full microfluidic product lifecycle from concept to launch. This includes significant experience designing, characterizing, modelling, and testing commercial microfluidic devices, as well as fabricating microfluidic devices using a variety of manufacturing techniques or processes you design.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.