Marketing Design Intern (Fall Term)
Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: Full-Time (September to December 2021)
We are seeking an intern with a creative mind and keen eye for detail to support our team’s graphic design and digital marketing efforts. You will work closely with the marketing team to identify design needs, contribute your ideas and creative flair, and execute on the development of required materials. This position provides an exciting opportunity to play a central role in the maintenance and growth of our company brand, as well as learn about the inner workings of a growing biotech company. This position reports to the Senior Manager of Marketing & Communications but will interface with many corners of the company to support creative needs of the company as a whole.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work with internal teams to design and develop new collateral and communications pieces, including both digital and print.
- Review, make recommendations on, and update existing marketing collateral, documentation, and company templates.
- Ensure company brand and style is consistently and accurately reflected across all external-facing material.
- Meticulously review external-facing slide decks and support internal teams to ensure they are well organized and visually appealing.
- Produce graphics and visual content for web, social media, emails, and presentations.
- Support the marketing team with website updates and creation of landing pages.
- Create and edit video content.
- Collaborate with other Aspect departments such as business development, human resources, academic partnerships, marketing, and R&D on a variety of creative projects.
- Support other creative needs as they arise.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Currently pursuing degree or diploma in graphic design, visual arts/communications, or marketing with a passion for design.
- Tech Savvy: You are an expert user of PowerPoint and Adobe Creative Suite (including Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, and Adobe Premiere Pro). Experience with photography, videography, as well as HTML and CSS considered a strong asset.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and fuss over all the little things. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Effective Visual Communicator: You have superior ability to understand a need and create the corresponding visual representation. You have bold, outside-of-the-box ideas and the creative flair to act on them.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You believe that there is always room for improvement, and you are willing to roll up your sleeves to make it happen.
- Collaborative & Independent: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together. You are also self-motivated and happy to plug in your headphones and work independently on key projects.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities. You are a quick learner with the ability to translate requirements into design, but aren’t afraid to ask questions.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.