Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: Full-Time, Contract
We are seeking a mechanically inclined, detail-oriented Manufacturing Technician to assemble and service our 3D bioprinters and custom manufacturing equipment from start to finish. This is a rare opportunity to gain hands-on experience with a groundbreaking and multifaceted technology that will solve some of our biggest medical challenges. In this role, you will follow written procedures and drawings to ensure our product assemblies are performed according to the highest quality principles.
This is a 6-month contract to start with potential for extension.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Prepare and build the complete assembly of our 3D bioprinting systems
- Plan and lay out work to meet production and schedule requirement
- Receive, inspect, and keep an inventory of production parts and components in accordance with current good manufacturing practices and standard operating procedures
- Inspect finished products for quality and adherence to customer specifications
- Assist in building packaging for finished products.
- Keep production logs and record data associated with operating equipment
- Monitor and adjust production processes or equipment for quality and productivity
- Assist in a professional production drawing, schematics, and other such documentation, in accordance with Aspects’ standards and procedures
- Maintains an orderly and safe work environment
- Other tasks as assigned
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Technical diploma or some technician courses.
- Experience: 1-2 years of technician experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Technical Expertise: Working knowledge of mechanical designs, building techniques, and hand tools (soldering etc.). Ability to read and comprehend technical instructions, drawings, and procedures, as well as knowledgeable with using a variety of measurement and test equipment. Understanding of basic programming and electrical work would be ideal.
- Passionate: Mechanically inclined and have a passion for working with your hands and building things.
- Organized Builder: Highly organized, with unwavering attention to detail.
- Go-Getter: Fast learner and self-starter who can work effectively on a diverse team.
- Collaborative: An active listener that thrives in a team environment and believes that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.