Aspect Biosystems is an award-winning Canadian startup developing state-of-the-art 3D bioprinting technology with the vision of enabling the creation of human tissues on demand. Aspect aims to drive a fundamental shift in the pharmaceutical industry by enabling the development of physiologically relevant human tissue models for pre-clinical drug testing, moving away from the use of animals and de-risking customers’ drug assets entering clinical trials. Aspect is a forward looking company, and envisions a future where our technology is used directly to save lives through the creation of personalized implantable tissue and even functional organs.
We have an interdisciplinary and fast-paced team looking for exceptional and enthusiastic individuals to help us grow into a leading global biotech. As an early employee there is significant opportunity for growth and leadership. If you thrive in a team atmosphere and have the drive to grow in one of the most promising startup companies, we want to hear from you.
Roles and Responsibilities
We are looking for an enthusiastic and detail-oriented Manufacturing Engineer to lead our manufacturing team and develop manufacturing processes for our microfluidic devices. The successful candidate will take ownership over the entire microfluidic manufacturing process from organizing logistics and priorities, to working with suppliers, to directly developing and testing processes. This role is instrumental in achieving manufacturing consistency and desired product quality and works closely with product development and Engineering. Responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
- Evaluating and developing manufacturing processes by studying product requirements; researching, designing, modifying, and testing manufacturing methods
- Evaluating and suggesting recommendations for the manufacturing quality control processes, types of manufacturing methods to be adopted, list of processes to be followed, and necessary instrumentation
- Assuring product and process quality by designing testing methods; testing finished- product and process capabilities; establishing standards; confirming manufacturing processes
- Implementing Lean manufacturing and / or Six Sigma methodologies
- Applying creativity when solving production problems and process challenges
- Making improvements to current manufacturing process by introducing automation when appropriate
- Ensuring manufacturing data fidelity,completeness and traceability
- Ensuring fidelity of the manufacturing environment
- Facilitate continuous improvement for all processes
- Contributing to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in an engineering discipline
- Minimum of 3-5 years related experience in manufacturing or assembly processes
- Understanding of clean room manufacturing
- Deep knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment.
- Experience manufacturing delicate complex medical devices
- SolidWorks experience
- Knowledge of Lean / Six Sigma theory and practices
- Strong mechanical technical skills
- Ability to prioritize and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Possess excellent teamwork abilities, and organizational skills
- Demonstrated ability to lead a team and inspire high performance
- Experience in a clean room
- Experience working in GMP environment for medical devices
- Experience designing, operating, troubleshooting, or maintaining complex production machinery is desirable
- Experience manufacturing microfluidic devices
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, results-driven, collaborative and friendly. We are looking for individuals who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field, and are passionate about their work and Aspect's success.
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.