Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for a broadly skilled Manufacturing Engineer to develop manufacturing processes, custom instrumentation, jigs, and automation systems for our microfluidic device manufacturing and quality control. You will be part of the manufacturing team and work closely with the product R&D team.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop mechanical and mechatronic automation systems for improving efficiency and quality of manufacturing processes.
- Develop mechanical jigs and fixtures for assembling microfluidic devices.
- Source, set up, and maintain manufacturing equipment.
- Assist in the setup of manufacturing facility infrastructure.
- Conduct experiments to improve, discover, and test manufacturing processes.
- Maintain rigorous and complete documentation.
- Attain an expert level understanding of Aspect’s current products and manufacturing processes.
- Resolve technical manufacturing issues with innovation and pragmatism, while mitigating delay and process waste.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: At least a bachelor’s degree in mechanical engineering or a similar discipline.
- Experience: 3-5 years’ experience developing mechanical and mechatronics components and systems for manufacturing processes and equipment, preferably in a medical device or microfluidic application area. Demonstrated hands-on R&D engineering skills.
- Manufacturing Background: Experience working in a cleanroom manufacturing environment, ideally with experience setting up such an environment.
- Tech Savvy: You have advanced skills with SolidWorks.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and excellent analytical skills. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Meticulously Organized: You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines and have a track record for delivering on projects on time.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.