Machine Learning Engineer
Location: Vancouver, BC
As our Machine Learning Engineer, you will be a critical participant in planning the strategic direction and implementation of ML technology within Aspect’s products. You will drive execution of the data strategy and develop commercial software from proof of concept to product release. This is a unique opportunity to join a small team in a hyper-growth company and have a large impact on the company and its vision.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and implement strategies for collecting, managing, and tagging heterogeneous IOT data to drive training of ML models.
- Develop novel ML applications that add significant value to Aspect’s bioprinting technology and customer needs.
- Create and deploy automated data pipelines for continuous improvement of computer vision and data-driven features.
- Develop and test commercially deployable ML software packages.
- Coordinate integration of ML models into Aspect’s production and internal software suites.
- Drive system architecture from an ML perspective.
- Maintain expert knowledge of the field and ensure the best tools are being utilized.
- Maintain and champion Aspect’s coding standards.
- Participate in any intellectual filings or publications.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree or higher in computer science, engineering, or equivalent.
- Ideal Experience: 3+ years developing commercial ML systems and computer vision, with experience building both applications and data frameworks.
- Basic Technical Skill Set:
- Python and C++
- OpenCV and Image Processing
- ML libraries/frameworks such as TensorFlow and TensorRT, scikit-learn, pandas, etc.
- Preferred Additional Skill Set:
- Cloud services for the collection, storage and maintenance of high-quality data sets (AWS, Microsoft Azure, Google Cloud/Firebase, etc.)
- Ubuntu Linux
- Semantic Segmentation Neural Networks (UNET, ResNet, etc.)
- Edge Computing (NVIDIA Jetson Platform, etc.)
- SQL and NoSQL databases
- Applied statistical analysis
- Problem Solver: Demonstrated ability to identify innovative working solutions to problems with challenging constraints and are exceptional at developing complex algorithms.
- Passionate: You live and breathe machine learning, data, and programming, and love to push the boundaries of what is possible in this area.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail, and experimental and process rigor. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, self-directed, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.