Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for a Grant Manager to play a key role in the stewardship of prospective and existing grants. You will be responsible for identifying new opportunities for non-dilutive funding, coordinating applications for funding, and for the effective management and control of grants obtained by Aspect. This role will serve as the lead grant writer, primary administrative contact, and internal coordinator of all grant activities. The goal is to create a seamless transition from the moment we identify a funding opportunity, to submitting a proposal until the investment is complete and final reports submitted.
As the Grant Manager, you will proactively develop strong relationships with key staff across the R&D and accounting teams at Aspect to ensure authentic and compelling proposals and reports, and facilitate appropriate grant submission, spending, and reporting. By using your strong scientific and technical writing background, you will become an expert on Aspect’s technology and facilitate our R&D activities by sourcing creative funding opportunities.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Work closely with senior R&D management to search and identify provincial, national, and international non-dilutive funding opportunities for Aspect.
- Coordinate the writing and submission of all new grant applications.
- Manage up-to-date records of all current and prospective grant opportunities.
- Liaise with R&D management to lead the grant writing process and contribute to the scientific and administrative components of all grants.
- Administrate the current grants in place at Aspect; work closely with R&D teams to coordinate time sheets and work with R&D management to coordinate regular scientific reports for each grant.
- Coordinate with the accounting team to ensure appropriate spending for each grant and generate reports for multiple existing grants.
- Support the academic alliance team on grants by existing or potential Discovery Ecosystem members.
- Work with the intellectual property team to contribute towards provisional patent applications.
- Contribute to scientific publications when necessary.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD in tissue engineering, biomaterials, cell biology, or a related field, or MSc with 3+ years experience.
- Required Experience: A track record of successful grant applications is essential. Experience with NRC-IRAP, CIHR, NSERC, NIH, DoD, DARPA grant submission and reporting processes would be advantageous.
- Beneficial Experience: It would be an asset to have experience grant writing in a start-up biotech environment. Experience with Statistical Analysis/Power Calculations to aid pre-clinical study design would be useful, as would experience in tissue engineering.Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Proactive: You can look ahead at future needs and can create order in and ever-changing and busy environment. You are a natural problem solver with strong decision-making capability.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the small stuff when it comes to detail, you take pride in your work, and you strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Flexible Work Schedule: You have the flexibility to work varying hours to support multiple time zones
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.