Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a driven and team-oriented Financial Controller to manage the daily finance and accounting operations of our organization. This includes evaluating our financial processes, implementing and operating financial systems for analysis, and preparing financial statements and reports for our various stakeholders. Reporting to the CFO, this is an exciting opportunity for you to help build and lead the company’s accounting function.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Manage all accounting operations including but not limited to billing, accounts receivable, accounts payable, payroll, inventory accounting, tangible assets, and grant accounting.
- Coordinate the preparation of the budget and quarterly forecasts, and report on monthly variances.
- Prepare timely monthly and annual financial statements.
- Streamline accounting processes and functions.
- Ensure that all financial transactions are properly recorded, filed, and documented.
- Report timely and accurate financial information to the CFO and senior management team.
- Prepare, record, and review journal entries and monthly reconciliations.
- Oversee accounts receivable and accounts payable ensuring billing accuracy, collections, and help coordinate semi-monthly payment cycles with vendors.
- Assist with the preparation of new grant applications.
- Manage grant reporting requirements including administering the process for collecting and collating reporting information.
- Liaise with auditors and tax providers to provide information for the annual audit and taxes.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: CPA Designation.
- Professional Experience: 7+ years of industry experience ideally for a biotech or high-tech company.
- Effective Communication skills: You have superior communication skills and can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Meticulously organized: You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines, and have a strong track record of delivering projects on time.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You have the capacity to work with limited supervision are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the small stuff when it comes to detail, you take pride in your work, and you strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Professional: You have strong judgement skills and unwavering commitment to professionalism.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.