Director of Finance
Reports To: CEO
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a Director of Finance to provide leadership in all areas of financial management, accounting, and controls. In this position, you will provide financial counsel and innovative solutions for strategic business decisions so that Aspect can anticipate the needs of internal and external stakeholders and continue to be one of the fastest growing biotech companies in Canada. As a senior team member, you must be comfortable with the day-to-day heavy lifting as well as the reporting requirements of a dynamic start-up environment.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide superior leadership and direction to the Finance and Business Operations teams by monitoring all corporate financial affairs of the company. This includes corporate finance, budgeting, audit, taxation, planning and analysis, capital investment, risk management, credit, and collections.
- Establish, launch, and maintain all standard operating procedures.
- Ensure business operational resources are set up to scale for growth.
- Develop and monitor key performance metrics across business operations.
- Report on financial results to senior management to ensure consistent messaging is delivered relative to Aspect’s current and future operations.
- Build and maintain productive external relationships with investors, regulators, banks, and lenders in the financial markets to fuel the growth of Aspect.
- Support a proactive investment and financial community relations strategy.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Business with a CPA/CA designation.
- Experience: 10+ years of progressive financial leadership experience and 3+ years as a Controller with primary responsibility for all capital market regulatory filings. Demonstrated knowledge and adherence to regulatory and accounting and reporting practices in Canada and the US (IFRS & US GAAP).
- Industry Experience: Prior experience within a high growth biotech or technology company sector.
- Leader: You have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities. You are willing to roll up your sleeves, lead by example, and inspire high performance.
- Strong Work Ethic: You work with a sense of urgency, are results driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment.
- Superior Analytical Skills: You have a proven track record of structuring and completing sophisticated finance reports; you take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Effective Communicator: In addition to analytical prowess, you demonstrate superior communication skills and a proven ability to develop relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Good Decision Maker: You have the ability to make sound business decisions within an entrepreneurial environment.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech start-up pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.