Director of Manufacturing
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for an experienced, detail-oriented, and hands-on Director of Manufacturing to lead our manufacturing team and take full ownership of developing the manufacturing processes for our diverse range of products, including microfluidic printheads, biomaterials, printers, and, in the near future, FDA-regulated tissue therapeutics. In this role, you will set the highest expectations for your team, be a leader and mentor, and be instrumental in achieving manufacturing consistency, efficiency, quality, and regulatory compliance.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Plan production for microfluidic printheads, printing instruments, biomaterials, tissue, and other products.
- Manage milestones, budgets, and take delays extremely seriously. You will employ creativity and ingenuity when resolving delays and ensuring milestones are met.
- Understand the regulatory requirements for tissue manufacturing and drive the infrastructure and process development needed to create tissue therapeutics for clinical use.
- Build manufacturing strategy that meets the company’s vision developing products for both research and clinical use.
- Supervise and contribute to process development and formalization, and installation and development of new equipment.
- Implement and track manufacturing KPIs.
- Drive continuous improvement in all areas including but not limited to quality, schedule, and cost performance.
- Manage supply chain and vendor relationships across highly diverse areas.
- Identify and implement missing capabilities, determining when it is strategic to outsource and when to build systems in-house.
- Ensure manufacturing information (SOPs, records, QC data, etc.) are organized and fully traceable and manufacturing process meets clinical regulatory requirements.
- Incorporate lean manufacturing practices into the processes and team culture.
- Apply creativity when solving production problems and process challenges.
- Manage the manufacturing team, including technicians, process engineers, and quality control experts.
- Work with HR to recruit team members and manage team activities, morale, and professional development.
- Build a team culture that strives for excellence, is proud of the work they do, and is obsessed with product quality and other critical KPIs.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline such as engineering, physics, or other hard science.
- Experience: Minimum of 7 years’ experience in manufacturing or assembly processes with sensitive medical devices. Broad knowledge of manufacturing processes and equipment, clean room manufacturing and facility setup. Experience developing manufacturing processes under FDA regulation and developing aseptic manufacturing processes.
- Passionate: You are passionate about quality, continuous improvement, and lean manufacturing practices.
- Leader: You have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities. You are willing to roll up your sleeves, lead by example, and inspire high performance.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to do what it takes to get the job done.
- Meticulously Organized: You can multitask, prioritize competing deadlines and have a track record for leading the completion of projects on time and on budget.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.