Director, Business Operations and Finance
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a Director, Business Operations and Finance who will provide leadership in all areas of business operations, finance, accounting, controls, information technology, and who will lead the team with a hands-on and strategic approach. In this position you will provide financial counsel and innovative solutions for strategic business decisions so that Aspect can anticipate the needs of internal and external stakeholders and continue to be one of the fastest growing biotech companies in Canada.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Provide superior leadership and direction to the Finance and Business Operations teams, monitoring all corporate financial affairs of the company, which include corporate finance, budgeting, audit, taxation, planning and analysis, capital investment, risk management, credit and collections.
- Lead overall business operations by maximizing Aspect’s business, laboratory and facility operations to ensure they are operating in an efficient and professional manner.
- Increase and maximize operational efficiency relating to the production, logistics and information technology.
- Manage and optimize the supply-chain, BOM cost, shipping, installation, and warranty for all Aspect products.
- Establish, launch and maintain all standard operating procedures.
- Ensure business operational resources are set up to scale for growth.
- Develop and monitor key performance metrics across business operations.
- Manage relationships and agreements with vendors and external business partners.
- Implement and maintain progressive and efficient information technology and ERP systems to maximize productivity. Ensure employees are trained in the use of all IT and ERP systems related to their roles.
- Enhance and maintain the Aspect office facility and laboratory space, ensuring building resources are professional and meet growing demands. Lead facility expansion activity including contract negotiation, equipment and furniture sourcing.
- Contribute as an active team member on all capital and/or acquisition activities including the support of the underlying analysis, evaluation of the fit with the company strategy, due diligence and negotiations, and integration of acquisitions within the existing business.
- Report on financial results and presenting to senior management to ensure consistent messaging is delivered relative to Aspect’s operations and future prospects.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Technical or Business Administration degree. CPA Designation.
- Experience: 10+ years of relevant experience leading business operations and experience developing systems to support a high growth organization. Strong knowledge of IT systems and infrastructure relating to business operations.
- Leader: You have outstanding organizational and leadership abilities. Willing to roll up your sleeves, lead by example and inspire high performance.
- Strong Work Ethic: You work with a sense of urgency, are results driven and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary and entrepreneurial environment.
- Detail-Oriented: Excellent analytic skills and a strong attention to detail; you take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations
- Good Decision Maker: Ability to make sound business decisions within an entrepreneurial environment.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.