Biomaterials Scientist - Product Development
Location: Vancouver, BC
As Biomaterials Scientist, you will be part of Aspect’s product development team, conceiving and developing new biomaterial products with a focus on quality, printability and biological function. You will take significant ownership over the product development process by collaborating with R&D and product management teams to create and characterize new formulations, then transferring complete products and processes to manufacturing.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop biomaterial products from conception to formulation, product format, packaging, and end-user documentation.
- Characterize and test biomaterials for physical properties, printability, and biological endpoints.
- Work closely with R&D and product management teams to define and conceive new biomaterial products.
- Work closely with our manufacturing team to develop biomaterial manufacturing processes.
- Prepare technical product documentation, such as product specification sheets, user instructions, technical notes, and SOPs.
- Maintain clear and rigorous experimental records.
- Become an expert user of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD in biomaterials science or similar discipline.
- Biomaterials Experience: You have significant experience developing biomaterial formulations for 3D cell biology with some biomaterial development experience in an industry setting.
- Lab Experience: You are experienced with cell culture techniques, assays, biomaterial characterization techniques and instrumentation.
- Knowledgeable About Biomaterials: You have a strong understanding of biomaterials, including natural and synthetic hydrogels, extracellular matrix protein gels, biocompatible polymers, polysaccharides, and their use in 3D cell biology.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail, and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.