Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking an Applications Scientist to provide technical expertise and support to external academic partners using our microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology. You will work with the Partner Success Manager to understand user needs and identify potential solutions to user’s problems by drawing on previous work and by developing customized bioprinting protocols. Using your problem-solving abilities and resourceful approach, you will perform benchwork to troubleshoot complex problems and provide innovative and realistic solutions so our academic partners can continue to develop life-changing research.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of Aspect’s suite of products, including bioprinters, printheads, and biomaterials.
- Become an expert user of our technology and provide strong technical competency in discussing Aspect’s capabilities and product offering with partners.
- Interface with academic partners to understand their needs and provide customized solutions.
- Conduct advanced bioprinter training to external academic researchers, either remotely or on-site.
- Develop bioprinting protocols and collaborate with external partners to apply them.
- Document all experiments and results thoroughly with detailed observations.
- Liaise with R&D and Product Development teams to identify potential solutions to partner problems.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols and create technical documents including white papers, application notes, user manuals, and other externally facing content.
- Contribute to grant writing process and scientific publications with partners when necessary.
- Provide feedback to Product Development on partner requirements for new applications or products.
- Keep abreast of the latest research developments in the field and summarize your findings to the team.
- Travel (10-20%) to provide training, demonstrations, and participate in trade shows, as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD (or MSc + experience) in tissue engineering, cell biology, biomaterials or related discipline.
- Technical Problem Solver: You have experience working with complex technical equipment and are driven to understand how to bend it to your will and push its limits.
- Cell Culture Experience: You have experience working with multiple primary or stem cell types.
- Biomaterials Experience: You have experience working with hydrogels or other types of biomaterials.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail as well as experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll-up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Flexible Work Schedule: You have the flexibility to work varying hours to support multiple time zones.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.