Location: Vancouver, BC
We are looking for an Applications Scientist to provide scientific and technical guidance to our customer base of academics and industry investigators using our microfluidic 3D bioprinting platform. In this exciting role, you will utilize your strong science and technical background to become a subject matter expert on Aspect’s capabilities and product offering. You will be an extension of our Customers’ team and be their technical soundboard on optimizing their research and troubleshooting technical issues they encounter. You will also play an instrumental role in Aspect’s growth as you facilitate our customer’s research and liaise with our R&D and business development teams for any potential IP and commercialization.
What You'll Do
- Develop and maintain expert, practical knowledge of Aspect’s suite of products including bioprinters, printheads, and biomaterials.
- Cultivate positive relationships by interfacing directly with customers and serving as a liaison between customers and internal experts to support customer’s inquiries, technical questions, and troubleshooting needs.
- Coordinate and conduct on-site installations and customer training on use of our RX1 Bioprinter.
- Log and manage customer inquiries using Aspect’s case tracking database.
- Troubleshoot issues related to experimental design, software, or hardware. Perform remote or on-site failure analysis and repairs.
- Identify, nurture, and manage collaborations to support customers, identify novel technologies for business development, and provide new leads for the sales team.
- Develop novel bioprinting experimental workflows and collaborate with external partners to apply these applications.
- Provide feedback to the product management team on customer requirements for new applications or products.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, and protocols and create technical documents including white papers, application notes, user manuals, and other customer facing content.
- Lead and contribute to grant writing process and scientific publications with customers when necessary.
- Keep abreast of the latest research development in the field and summarize for the team.
- Travel (~20%) to provide training, attend meetings with key customers, work in the field with Sales and participate in trade shows, as required.
Who You Are
- Education: PhD in tissue engineering, biomaterials, cell biology, or a related field, or MS with 3+ years experience.
- Required Experience: Experience in tissue engineering, biomaterials, and cell culture. Demonstrated experience troubleshooting complex scientific equipment (e.g. flow cytometry, advance microscopy).
- Beneficial Experience: It would be an asset to have experience in 3D bioprinting or in customer support using a CRM system.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations and feel comfortable working in a matrix organizational structure. Previous writing experience with grants or scientific publications would be ideal.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the small stuff when it comes to detail, you take pride in your work, and you strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Intellectually Curious: You have a burning desire to learn more and aren’t afraid to ask questions.
- Flexible Work Schedule: You have the flexibility to work varying hours to support multiple time zones.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.