Animal Care Technician
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking a team-oriented and passionate Animal Care Technician to provide husbandry and technical in vivo support for our various research programs on a part-time basis. This is a rare opportunity to improve upon your animal technical skills whilst working on groundbreaking research programs.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Execute on study-related husbandry and duties to ensure proper animal care practices.
- Support Scientist with restraint, handling, surgery, dosing, post-op care, and blood sampling.
- Maintain accurate records, including room logs, health reports, cage cards, autoclave, and other documents as required.
- Complete scheduled health observations and assessments and immediately communicate any animal anomalies observed.
- Monitor and maintain facility consumables for optimal day-to-day operations.
- Review, comprehend and comply with all SOPs and quality assurance standards pertaining to the animal facility.
- Ensure biosecurity controls, including cleaning/sanitation of the animal facility and equipment, environmental monitoring, and rodent health monitoring.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: Diploma or equivalent from a recognized program in animal health or veterinary technology.
- Professional Experience: You have 3+ years of experience in a research laboratory and a working knowledge of animal related standards, CCAC guidelines, and federal, provincial, and local requirements is preferred.
- Detail-Oriented: You have outstanding attention to detail and experimental and process rigour. You take pride in your work and strive for excellence.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a multi-disciplinary team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
- Effective communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.