Location: Vancouver, BC
Status: Fixed Term Contract (6 months)
We are seeking an Accounting Assistant to assist with the daily accounting activities of the business. You must be meticulous with strong attention to detail and a “can-do” approach to thrive in our dynamic environment. In this role you will execute on business-critical tasks such as AP and AR, and assist with the month-end closeout process.
What You'll Do
- Verify and process invoices to ensure vendor transactions are properly documented.
- Create invoices to customers and ensure receivables are collected.
- Reconcile credit cards and bank accounts, as well as accounts payables and receivables.
- Review expense claim forms, ensuring adherence to company policy.
- Respond to inquiries from vendors, contractors, and staff promptly and professionally.
- Prepare cheque and EFT runs to ensure employees, contractors, and vendors are paid on time.
- Assist with period-end and year-end closing tasks.
- Complete other tasks as required.
Who You Are
- Education: Post-secondary degree in accounting, finance, or business administration.
- Experience: 3-4 years accounting or bookkeeping experience.
- Tech Savvy: You have advanced MS Excel skills and knowledge of accounting software, such as Xero and Receipt Bank.
- Effective Communicator: You are an active listener who can communicate to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Detail-Oriented: You sweat the small stuff when it comes to detail, you take pride in your work, and you strive for excellence in the work you do.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Collaborative: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together.
Who We Are
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.