Academic Partnerships Manager
Location: Vancouver, BC
We are seeking an Academic Partnerships Manager to help develop and support our strategic bioprinting technology placements in academic labs. Utilizing your scientific background, you will partner with leading academic labs across the globe to provide a differentiated and connected partnership experience that is rooted in our commitment to drive life-changing research.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop and execute strategies to identify and target new potential bioprinting technology placements to strategically grow the lead pipeline for the Academic Partnerships team.
- Engage with potential partners to discuss opportunities for scientific partnership and provide scientific support in preparation of technology placement proposals.
- Rigorously document communications and keep the customer relationship management (CRM) database up to date.
- Work with leadership to select academic partners of strategic value.
- Cultivate positive relationships while interfacing directly with partners and serve as a liaison between partners and internal experts, such as Applications Scientists, Legal, R&D, and Production to support partners’ inquiries, technical questions, and troubleshooting needs.
- Coordinate and conduct remote training on the basic use of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Oversee partner project progress, actively participate in research meetings, and summarize key research developments and results for the team.
- Ensure partnership contract terms are tracked and monitored accurately.
- Coordinate the ordering and delivery of bioprinter and products by liaising with partners, manufacturing, and shipping to ensure smooth delivery.
- Make external-facing content, review and edit for clarity and consistency, and prepare educational content based on protocols and other research when required.
- Develop and maintain expert knowledge of Aspect’s microfluidic 3D bioprinting technology.
- Undertake relevant project work and additional responsibilities, as appropriate.
- Travel (10-20%) to provide training, demonstrations, and participate in trade shows, as required.
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: PhD (or MSc + experience) in tissue engineering, cell biology, immunology, or related discipline.
- Preferred Experience: Experience in life sciences account management, sales, customer success, technical support, or partnership management.
- Effective Communicator: You have superior written and verbal communication skills. You are an active listener who can communicate about complex scientific topics to different audiences in diverse situations.
- Scientifically Curious: You are a scientist at heart, asking questions and digging into the literature to bring a high level of scientific expertise to conversations.
- Thrive in Ambiguity: You are highly adaptable, agile, and poised when faced with change, ambiguity, and competing priorities.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Flexible Work Schedule: You have the flexibility to work varying hours to support multiple time zones.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is a Canadian biotechnology company combining the power of microfluidics and 3D bioprinting to create bioprinted therapeutics. Our bold team of innovators and entrepreneurs have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier.
We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech. We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
At Aspect Biosystems, we celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. All aspects of employment including the decision to hire, promote, discipline, or terminate, will be based on merit, competence, performance, and business needs. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, colour, religion, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, physical or mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy, genetic information, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or any other status protected under federal, provincial, or local law.