Academic Alliances Manager - Technical Sales
Location: Toronto, ON
We are looking to grow our Academic Alliances team by adding a technical salesperson to leverage our existing momentum and further drive expansion of our microfluidic 3D bioprinting platform. The ideal candidate has a scientific background, a passion for driving the adoption of cutting-edge technologies in academic research laboratories, and the creativity to develop new markets. You will be responsible for seeking out and developing new opportunities, maintaining effective customer relations, and for ensuring that target revenue is achieved or exceeded
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Develop, implement, and execute sales strategies to expand business specific to and within the assigned territory.
- Maintain a pipeline of opportunities to meet or exceed sales objectives via prospecting, cold calling, follow up on leads generated through marketing activities, and through technical presentations with key decision makers.
- Develop and maintain deep product knowledge to sell consultatively and make recommendations to prospects and clients on solutions that best meet their research needs.
- Demonstrate commitment to the customer through regular follow-up, timely resolution, and by acting as the Voice of Customer (VOC), as appropriate.
- Prepare price quotations and grant support, as required.
- Leverage internal resources and work effectively with cross-functional teams to meet customer needs.
- Maintain accurate reporting, records, and files necessary for proper management of territory.
- Attend trade shows, as required and up to 25% overnight travel.
- Present a professional image to customers, clients, and other vendors
WHO YOU ARE
- Education: BSc, MSc, or PhD in a scientific discipline(preferably cell biology or tissue engineering).
- Sales Aptitude: You have sales experience and aptitude with HUNTER mentality. You are professionally aggressive and highly motivated with a passion to engage with customers and drive sales.
- Effective Communicator & Negotiator: You can confidently and energetically communicate to different audiences in diverse situations, including email, phone calls, presentations, and in-person, and are comfortable negotiating with key stakeholders.
- Go-Getter: You work with a sense of urgency, are results-driven, and thrive in a fast-paced, interdisciplinary, and entrepreneurial environment. You are willing to roll up your sleeves and do what it takes to get the job done.
- Collaborative & Independent: You thrive in a team environment and believe that we can get further, faster by working together. You are also independent and self-motivated.
- Meticulously Organized: You have strong project management skills with a demonstrated ability to prioritize tasks based on relative importance and urgency.
- Beneficial Experience: Proficiency with CRM organization and maintenance is preferred.
WHO WE ARE
Aspect Biosystems is an established biotech startup pioneering the microfluidic 3D bioprinting of human tissues. Our bold team of scientists, engineers, and business professionals have joined us from all over the globe to move the needle on 3D bioprinting and work towards a future where our technology is used to save lives and make people healthier. We are endlessly curious and wildly passionate about what we do. Our team is always excited to learn and roll up our sleeves to make a difference in the ever-changing world of biotech.
We believe that every person on our team is a key contributor to our success. If you are committed to make a real impact and accelerate the development of biotechnology, we want to hear from you!
The environment at Aspect is fast-paced, collaborative, ever-changing, and supportive. We are looking for team players who bring substantial expertise and competency in their field. We offer competitive compensation packages and benefits with excellent opportunities for personal growth and career development.
Please send your resume and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We very much appreciate your interest in a position at Aspect and thank all candidates for applying. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.